Claim Income Tax Refund of Return Not Filed Earlier

Income Tax Department has recently issued a circular for all those persons whose Income Tax refunds are due of a Financial Year and have not filed there Income Tax returns of that year. As we all know that only 2 years Income Tax return can be filed at a particular Financial year. Now many of us have not filed our Income Tax return of the year prior to year 2013-2014 and thus no refund of excess tax deducted or paid was given. To help these assessee Income Tax has allowed mechanism through which refund of past six years can be claimed by filing a Condonation application.

The power to grant condonation is vested with CIT,CCIT and Board itself and decisions are to be made within 6 months of filing the application. For full process, steps and circular read from following link:

The process will help those genuine cases in which refund was not given due to non filing of ITR. Income Tax will after proper scrutiny and diligence will provide chance to file return and claim refund from the same.